This is just about the simplest summery salad you can make. If your crowd is not appreciative of spicy then simply remove the chipotle seasoning, it is just as tasty.
I love to eat this all by itself as a main dish but it can also be used as a salsa for a party.
Feel free to “wing-it” add tomatoes instead of peppers, or sub out the corn for avocado. It is that simple.
Serves 1 cup
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 10-12 oz bag of frozen edamame (run under water to break up beans)
- 1 8 oz can rinsed black beans
- 1 8 oz can rinsed corn
- 1 chopped pepper, red, yellow or orange
- 1 small chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of one lemon and one lime
- 1 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- Optional: Bunch of chopped cilantro
- Combine all ingredients above and allow to marinate over night.